Spring Garden Rd. U.E.C.

Commissioned: 1859

Decommissioned: 1919

Associated companies: Halifax Fire Department , Union Engine Company

1859 – The Union Engine Company takes ownership of the newly constructed Spring Garden Rd Firehouse on the Northeast corner at Hastings. Known as the “Mayflower” station, it was used to house No 6 Hand Engine “Alma”, (now located in the Yarmouth Fire Museum), along with the very 1st Steam Fire Engine in Canada “Victoria 1”, by 1861. This house also included rooms for the officers including Chief Churchill after 1917. This house remained in service until 1919.

Have more information?